Fullstack Lead Engineer
(Python & React)
Salary Range – US$66,000-US$96,000 per year + Equity
This is a unique opportunity to join as the Lead Engineer a company that makes an impact on the lives of millions of expecting parents!
The recent world-wide COVID events taught us that you don’t need to be at the office to be productive. Joining a remote-team will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints of limited workplace offerings and local salary while working for a growing international company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and leader and not just a great local one.
The role is a full-time-long-term one, where you can work from anywhere in the Americas!
This is a unique opportunity for a Fullstack lead engineer who is backend-heavy and enjoys traversing the stack to join a fully-funded startup as the lead engineer working directly with the CTO to set the architecture and build the product from the ground-up. All of this while working from home (or anywhere else), earning US$66K to US$96K/year + equity based on experience and fit.
BillionToOne graduate from Y-Combinator at the summer of 2017 and is developing prenatal diagnostics that will affect the lives of millions of expecting parents. We are looking for a Lead Fullstack Engineer (Python and React) to join the team. We apply bioengineering and machine learning principles to diagnostics in order to build truly quantitative molecular tests. Our QCT platform improves the resolution of cell-free DNA testing by >1000x fold and enables novel tests for both prenatal and oncology care. If you have experience in full-stack development, love seeing your work positively affect others, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Join BillionToOne as Lead Engineer #1 reporting directly to the CTO
- Build a high-performing fully-remote software team and paint it with great remote-team-culture colors
- Assume ownership over our architecture and software roadmap
- Be fully hands-on designing and writing code – If you are not 100% hands-on and enjoy being hands-on this role is not for you
- Shape the development processes and take a lead role in their implementation
- Code reviews, pair programming, unit-testing, CICD, devops playbooks, define testing environments and practices, etc
- Perform individual mentorship and coaching of the team members
- Hire great developers to join you
- Write and coordinate – System design, setting technical milestones, coordinating dependencies / critical path with other eng. teams.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Are a 100% hands-on person
- Experienced as a tech/engineering lead
- Got pre-COVID remote-work experience
- Have experience and deep knowledge in building web app architectures from scratch
- Are a “Backend-Fullstack” type of developer – You have experience building Frontends but your passion and most of your experience are at the Backend
- Have at least 6 years experience in professional software development
- Highly proficient in using Python and one of its frameworks (Django, Flask, etc) to build a production grade backend system
- Got advanced experience in deploying to AWS and using AWS services
- Were a lead-engineer/tech-lead of a high-performing team
- Can work independently
- Got good spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Had experience of leading a fully-distributed software team
- Got prior work experience at a high-growth startup
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements
- Inclusive Work Environment
- Equity package
- Ownership & Autonomy to build something from the ground-up
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…