Senior Software Engineer (Python) - Fully Remote
Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere! 🌎
Salary Range – €72,000 – €120,000/year + Equity 💰
Looking to make an impact? Do good? We are a fully remote, UK-based Fintech startup, backed by the investors behind Airbnb and Dropbox that promotes financial inclusion .
12 million people in the UK have difficulty accessing financial services, so our mission is to promote financial inclusion by providing a path to credit for those neglected by mainstream lenders. You can use Bits if you are interested in building or improving your credit and you can check our online School of Credit to help people with more information as well.
Joining our team provides unique challenges and opportunities to deliver software that benefits many customers from day one.
We are looking for proactive Senior Software Engineers that are highly experienced in Python Web Development and take full ownership over anything they ship.
You will ✨
- Architect, develop and support distributed & scalable system
- Work directly with the Founder / CEO and our Engineering Lead
- Create system-design for new features and articulate it to the different stake holders
- Show leadership principles, including excellent judgment and high standards on software delivery.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Are Proactive – When you see that something is not right, you go and fix it, no questions asked
- Are a builder (vs maintainer) and own everything you ship
- 8+ years of experience with software development
- Are Highly profficient with Python and Flask/Django including object-oriented design (must-have). If your Python skills are about scripting and data-processing, this is not the right role for you
- Got commercial Cloud experience (preferably with AWS)
- Proficient in delivering high-quality high-performance code
- Experience with implementing integrations with clean APIs following RESTful concepts.
- Experience writing automated unit tests
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have commercial experience in tracking the health of your production services and got a proactive mindset to identify and fix issues
- Got hands-on IaC experience
- Are acustomed to taking product requirements and translating those into scalable, reliable solutions
- A fully remote company 🌎
- 28 days holidays/ year plus public & bank holidays🗓️
- Work from home equipment 💻
- Competitive salary +Equity 💰
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…