Sr. Backend-Fullstack Engineer - Fully Remote
Sr. Backend-Fullstack Engineer (Generalist)
Salary Range – $90,000-$100,000 per year + Equity
The recent world-wide COVID events taught us that you don’t need to be at the office to be productive. The co-founders of CaptivateIQ, know that great developers can come from anywhere and can work from anywhere. Last year, CaptivateIQ started its journey of becoming a fully-distributed remote-first company. Joining a remote-company will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints of limited workplace offerings while working for a growing international company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
The role is a full-time-long-term one, where you can work from anywhere!
This is a unique opportunity for a Sr. Fullstack engineer who is “backend heavy” and enjoys occasionally traversing the stack to join a Silicon-Valley startup that raised $13M from Sequoia Capital (one of the world’s largest VCs).
People are intrinsically motivated by incentives, which is why accurate and timely commissions are so critical. But calculating commissions is complex and very easy to mess up. While commissions account for 10% of a company’s revenue, 80% of them have errors because they are handled in spreadsheets and those consequences can be disastrous. Paying a sales rep the wrong commission or delaying their payment can quickly destroy employee trust, team morale, and even lead to company lawsuits – which Hewlett Packard experienced when it was sued for $25M from over 2,000 employees that weren’t paid accurately or on time.
Over the past two and a half years, our team at CaptivateIQ has been working on a modern solution for everybody that is involved in the world of commissions from sales ops, to finance and accounting, to sales reps. We’ve helped companies like Gong, GitLab, and Udemy streamline their commissions process to save countless hours and potential errors while adding transparency back for their reps.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization.
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies.
Our stack is composed of Python/Django (to be migrated to Golang) and React, but we accept applications from any polyglot highly proficient backend developer.
You will ✨
- Design, build, optimize, and maintain CaptivateIQ’s data platform, calculation engine, and core platform functionality or our reporting, analytics, and data visualizations platform
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from scoping projects to measuring their success and iterating based on feedback
- Maintain high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and processes
- Work with engineers across the company to develop and iterate at scale
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures/algorithms) with 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Consider yourself as a Backend developer but also gained some Frontend experience using React (must-have)
- Experience in building and scaling web applications and data-intensive applications
- Strong interest in taking responsibility and ownership over core product areas
- Organized and a driven self-starter with a growth mindset
- Sharp attention to detail, and a user-centric focus
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience building distributed systems, databases, or data processing frameworks
- Have experience optimizing and scaling application and database performance
- Worked in a distributed team(s) environment
- Have commercial AWS experience
- Proficiency using Python and Django
- Unlimited vacation days so you can recharge when you need to
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements
- Enjoy $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- Home office stipend of $500 to decorate your office
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- $500 L&D stipend for professional development
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…