Sr. Data Engineer - Fully Remote
Sr. Data Engineer
Salary range – US$66,000 – US$80,000 per year
The recent world-wide COVID events taught us that you don’t need to be at the office to be productive. The co-founders of Cherre know that great developers can come from anywhere and can work from anywhere. Joining a US based company as a remote-developer will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints of limited workplace offerings and local salary while working for a growing US based company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
This is a full-time-long-term role where you can work from anywhere!
Cherre is the leader in real estate data and insight. Provides startups, investors, lenders, insurers, brokers and other large enterprises with a platform to collect, resolve, and augment real estate data from thousands of public, private, and internal sources.
We connect decision makers to accurate property and market information, and help them make faster, smarter decisions. By providing a unique “single source of truth,” Cherre empowers customers to evaluate opportunities and trends faster and more accurately, while saving millions of dollars in manual data collection and analytics costs.
Cherre makes it easy for startups to build using our industry-leading real estate data management with platform and expertise. Automate P&C Insurance Underwriting Instantly connect all property and policy data to enable faster, more accurate prospecting and underwriting. We provide you the solution to Make Better Decisions by instantly connecting all your real estate data to enable consistent, data-driven decision making across your entire organization.
You will 💪
As a Senior Data Engineer, you play a big and collaborative role. We are looking for an enthusiastic mid level backend/data engineer who is interested in working with a fast-growing team in building industry-leading real estate data services. You will be part of designing and implementing server side services to ingest, organize, analyze, and display real estate data and insight. You will design data warehouse solutions to support ETL processes and data analytics applications and drive our data platform and help evolve our technology stack and development best practices. That involves you to be part of a small team and be a real partner in the design and implementation of all aspects of our product.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Love to develop and implement ETL processes
- Strong experience in database technologies and data warehousing
- Highly proficient with Python
- Experienced with workflow orchestrators (e.g., Airflow) and how to scale them (e.g., Celery, Kubernetes executors, etc)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and a good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, and indexing
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL and large-scale distributed storage and database systems
- Are independent and self-driven person that enjoy challenging themselves by taking ownership of new features and capabilities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and communicate well with both technical and non-technical teams
- Thrive in an energetic and startup culture
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Highly desired – Hands-on GraphQL experience
- Got experience with React
- Familiar with open source search and analytics solution like Elasticsearch
- Hands-on BI software like Looker
- Early stage startup experience
- Competitive compensation package including equity (stock options) and:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Credit
- Unlimited Vacation
- L&D appreciation environment – Coaching by the “heavy-weights”
- Distributed & flexible work arrangements
- Inclusive Work Environment
- B2B Contract employment
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…