Developer Advocate / DevRel - Fully Remote
DevRel / Developer Advocate – Fully Remote
US$60,000 – US$110,000 per year + Equity based on experience and fit
DAGsHub is a well-funded (US$3M) high growth startup, building a nextgen “GitHub for data scientists & machine learning engineers”. A thriving developer/user community is at the heart of our growth and business model and plays a critical role in our future success. We are looking for the first Developer Advocate / DevRel person to join our founding team and help us grow.
We are building a home for data science collaboration – the field is rapidly developing, creating value and disrupting industries, while still being chaotic. Now is the best time to create a place where data scientists can figure out how to work together.
As one of the team’s first members, you will have a central role in shaping the company, its culture, its future, and its product.
This is an outward-facing role and not a research one
We provide everything data science teams need to manage their projects and collaborate. We transform well-established software practices into their natural equivalents in the data-science wild west and create new effective ways for data scientists to work together. Our product helps people and teams discover data science experiments & projects, understand the thought process behind experiments, reproduce results and incorporate & review changes in code and data and models. We believe this is the way to create the most vibrant collaborative data science community in the world!
- Help us engage and expand our community of data scientists and machine learning engineers so that we can build the best tools for their workflow, and enable Open Source Data Science to flourish.
- Be part of the founding team – have a ton of impact on our vision, understanding the community’s needs and prioritizing how it should be brought to life.
- Take ownership, responsibility, and pride in building and leading a community of data professionals. Accelerate the adoption of DAGsHub within the data science and machine learning community.
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks – no two days will be alike.
- Create or initiate collaborative data science projects that are valuable to the community or do social good, and show off how and why to use DAGsHub.
- Write great documentation, tutorials and blog posts, and give talks and lectures at events on a regular basis.
- Communicate directly with the DAGsHub community to enable and support them, gather feedback and generate insights into what really matters to them.
- Work with the rest of the team to improve the product and its adoption – understand the users, prioritize features and bugs, spread the word, research tech and business trends, think ten steps in advance to where the product should be going and how it can get there faster.
- Build relationships and partnerships with prominent researchers and organizations.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have very good written and verbal English
- Are curious and passionate about data science and MLOps – a tech geek at heart
- You enjoy discussing data science technologies online
- Got 3+ years of experience as one of the following
- Data scientist working on data science in production
- Software developer with subject matter expertise in data science
- Developer advocate with a passion for Data-Science
- Technical product marketing(er) with a passion for Data-Science
- Are an experienced public speaker (meetups, conferences, etc)
- Have experience in writing tutorials, blog posts, docs, sample apps or other technical content
- Are an outgoing person that enjoys interacting with new people and creating new connections
- You have a growth mindset – our team really values learning and improving, and we seek out painful and inconvenient truths
- A fun person to work with! We are in this together for the long haul.
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Launched a developer brand or product and grown a thriving community
- Created or maintained an Open Source project
- Been a community leader, responsible for scaling a developer community
- Active social media accounts in a data science / machine learning context
- Used a variety of data science ML tools, frameworks and environments such as Jupyter, RStudio, Tensorboard, Shap, DVC, MLflow, FastAI
- Experience with programming languages other than Python such as SQL and R and other tools and systems community members are likely to use such as Docker, Linux and Bash
- Competitive equity
- Vacation time-off
- Stipends for a co-working space