Data Engineer - AWS-Python - Fully Remote
Salary range – US$60,000 – US$72,000 per year
The recent world-wide COVID events taught us that you don’t need to be at the office to be productive. The people at HairCuttery know that great people can come from anywhere and can work from everywhere. Joining a US-based company as a remote-developer will enable you to disconnect from your local limitations of the workplace and salary offerings while working for a growing company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global talent and not just a great local one.
This is a full-time-long-term role where you can work from anywhere!
We are looking for creative thinkers, to join our core engineering team that acts as a startup within a 40-years-old-company and provides the company management with data-driven insights to support business decisions making.
Hair Cuttery is one of the largest operators of hair salons in the US with more than 490 salons across 10 states, employing 60 corporate professionals at HQ in support of more than 5,000 salon professionals. Hair Cuttery Family of Brands consists of three premier brands (Hair Cuttery, Bubbles, CIBU) operating within a $47bn hair care services industry. In June 2020, the brand was re-launched under new ownership (HC Salon Holdings) with a focus on modernized technology, expanded marketing reach, and innovative data-driven initiatives.
We pride ourselves on putting people first and creating an exceptional customer experience. We connect to accuracy and transform the way of thinking and managing good services faster, smarter decisions. We are a 40-year-old company with a core-engineering team working as a startup.
You will 🗺️
We are seeking a Data Engineer professional to join our growing team with extensive experience with PostgreSQL databases. You will write complex queries with nested joins and derived tables, as also support our Reporting/BI initiatives.
You will manage data integration, cleansing, and harmonizing data as well as building maintainable procedures and transfer using cloud services such as AWS Glue. You will work closely with our partners as well as development, operations, and business teams to create scalable & automated solutions.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 5+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL/Redshift
- Highly proficient with Python
- Have expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Have experience with AWS (Lambda, API, S3, Glue)
- Have knowledge of database warehousing and business intelligence (Tableau) preferred
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workaround
- Experience handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
- Got excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Experience with Scala
- Experience working in a flexible & remote environment
- Remote work
- Flexible vacation days policy
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…