Site Reliability Engineer - Fully Remote
SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
2020 taught us all that in order to be productive you don’t need to be at work, you need to be working. Fonoa’s founders Filip and Ivan (both ex-Uber Sr. managers) knew this from day one, and are building Fonoa as a fully-remote startup. They both believe that a great company should be based on great-fit talent coming from anywhere and working from anywhere.
Joining a remote-company will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints while working for a growing international fintech startup. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
As our first SRE you will get to design, build and own the uptime of our high-load, high-availability microservices and cloud-infrastructure as well as the CICD pipeline that pushes codes into staging and production.
Fonoa is a technology startup founded in 2018 which launched its SaaS product in mid-2019. We have paying customers, a healthy sales pipeline, and backing from world-class VC funds and business angels from Europe and the US. We seat at the intersection of Globalization, Technology and Local tax compliance. Filip and Ivan pinpointed a missing link in a world where global companies are offering local services – local taxation compliance of transactions. This happens when you order a cab (Uber), order your launch (Ubereats, Grubhub, DoorDush, Wolt) or any other type of purchase that you are making locally via a global provider.
Fonoa’s B2B SaaS automates taxes for platforms, marketplaces, digital service providers, and e-commerce globally. Their software helps service providers to eliminate manual work, reduce the cost of operations and compliance, and optimize their revenue. We are a fully remote company and team members working across 9 different countries. We have a builder’s first mindset — We give everyone a lot of autonomy to think of and deliver on their ideas. We move fast and enable small teams to ideate, prototype, test, and iterate quickly. We value writing, mental clarity, and neat digital organization skills. We nurture asynchronous communication enabling everyone in the team to organize their work however they see fit.
Design, implement and improve our cloud infrastructure to support our microservices platform. Keeping our service fast, reliable, and secure while using the latest technology and processes is of utmost importance. Fonoa will become very quickly a high-load SaaS operation that requires high-availability. The type of service that requires a great SRE to own the uptime.
Your deliverables will enable our product and engineering teams to spin up, maintain, and monitor the necessary infrastructure they need to run our applications and services.
As our first SRE / Platform Engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to choose and implement a variety of technologies that will help us improve and streamline our infrastructure and processes.
- Architecture – evaluate, architect, and implement technology options for cloud management of our enterprise SaaS API products
- Observability – monitor and analyze our infrastructure and applications with open-source or best of breed paid tools; troubleshoot, maintain and enhance our platform
- Performance – ensure we have optimized our infrastructure taking into account our product needs, pricing, scalability, smooth customer and developer experience
- Security – ensure we continuously improve our security by leveraging best practices and tools available
- Automation – develop our automated CI/CD, packaging, deployment and execution environment infrastructure (scaling, recovery, etc.)
- Strategy – design and implement our multi-cloud approach as we are looking to combine Azure with AWS or GCP
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Go experience in building distributed, failure-resistant architecture, including disaster recovery, backups, failover, etc.
- Owned the uptime of distributed cloud-based systems
- Have 3+ years of experience in Platform Engineering, SRE, and/or DevOps positions
- Have 2+ years of experience with at least one scripting language, coupled with related automation projects, preferably Python
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS or GCP (we use Azure, but looking to transition to AWS/GCP).
- Experience with “infrastructure-as-a-code” and automation/configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet
- Experienced in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experienced with Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Proficient with spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Development experience with object-oriented languages in high-load-high-availability environments
- Comprehensive understanding of networking concepts (layers, firewalls, DNS, VPN, etc.) and how to build secure infrastructure and an awareness of common server security vulnerabilities.
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Got SaaS product experience, especially in B2B
- Worked in a dynamic start-up environment
- Distributed & flexible work arrangements – set your own schedule
- Competitive compensation package including equity (stock options)
- Hardware/ home set-up / co-working space
- Fully paid international company off-sites
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…