Sr. Backend Developer - Fully Remote
Sr. Backend (Node) Developer
Salary range – €60,000 – €90,000 per year
As a senior member of our growing Backend team, you will get to design, build and own a sub-set of the product that will be composed of several high-availability scalable microservices (written in .net core or Node.js). Fonoa is a technology startup founded in 2018 which launched its SaaS product in mid-2019. We have paying customers, a healthy sales pipeline, and backing from world-class VC funds and business angels from Europe and the US.
Fonoa seats at the intersection of Globalization, Technology and Local tax compliance. Filip and Ivan pinpointed a missing link in a world where global companies are offering local services – local taxation compliance of transactions. This happens when you order a cab (Uber), order your launch (Ubereats, Grubhub, DoorDush, Wolt) or any other type of purchase that you are making locally via a global provider.
Fonoa’s SaaS automates taxes for platforms, marketplaces, digital service providers, and e-commerce globally. Their software helps service providers to eliminate manual work, reduce the cost of operations and compliance, and optimize their revenue.
You will ✨
Bring our products to life! with full ownership and a direct and immediate impact on everything that we ship to our clients. As you can imagine, we are a “backend centric” SaaS operation, which makes it the right place for ambitious Backend developers. You will work very closely with our highly skilled teams to design, build, and iterate on a world-class backend from inception to infinite scale.
You will design, build and own a sub-set of the product composed of several high-availability scalable microservices. We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce and looking for developers with a hunger for a new challenge and drive to solve a ubiquitous problem for companies selling globally. Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
It is a role that will be an excellent fit for someone that wants to have product ownership while being a part of a great team. Our stack is composed of React on the Frontend and microservices built using .Net Core and Node.js running on Azure.
- Design, develop, deploy and own efficient and effective microservices for our products
- Internalize and understand customers’ needs and propose ideas and discuss solutions collaborating with the team on engineering, product & design
- Implement best practices in terms of performance, scalability and security
- Generate impeccable API documentation for the micro-services you are responsible for
- Work on integrating our products with 3rd parties (e.g. payment processing companies, accounting tools, enterprise resources planning software, etc.)
- Test the software you are building
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Enjoy Backend development and ownership
- Built and matured Backend B2B SaaS systems
- Highly proficient with Node using Typescript
- Experienced with SQL and/or NoSQL Databases
- Experienced with the full development lifecycle, including understanding customers, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery
- Self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Proficient with spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Got experience with building modern web applications using microservices and its architecture principles
- Experience with big-data processing and high volume queues
- Experience deploying to a major cloud provider (we run on Azure)
- Got SaaS product experience, especially in B2B
- Worked in a dynamic start-up environment
- Familiarity with Docker and CI/CD
- Distributed & flexible work arrangements 📅
- Competitive equity (stock options) 📈
- Hardware/ home set-up / co-working space 💻
- Fully paid international company off-sites ⛱️
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…