Sr. Backend Developer - Fully Remote
Sr. Backend (Node) Developer
If you are more of a C#/Java/Golang developer click here
2020 taught us all that in order to be productive you don’t need to be at work, you need to be working. Fonoa’s founders Filip and Ivan (both ex-Uber Sr. managers) knew this from day one, and are building Fonoa as a fully-remote startup. They both believe that a great company should be based on great-fit talent coming from anywhere and working from anywhere.
Joining a remote-company will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints while working for a growing international startup. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
As a member of our growing Backend team, you will get to design, build and own a sub-set of the product that will be composed of several high-availability scalable microservices (written in .net core or Node.js). Fonoa is a technology startup founded in 2018 which launched its SaaS product in mid-2019. We have paying customers, a healthy sales pipeline, and backing from world-class VC funds and business angels from Europe and the US.
Fonoa seats at the intersection of Globalization, Technology and Local tax compliance. Filip and Ivan pinpointed a missing link in a world where global companies are offering local services – local taxation compliance of transactions. This happens when you order a cab (Uber), order your launch (Ubereats, Grubhub, DoorDush, Wolt) or any other type of purchase that you are making locally via a global provider.
Fonoa’s SaaS automates taxes for platforms, marketplaces, digital service providers, and e-commerce globally. Their software helps service providers to eliminate manual work, reduce the cost of operations and compliance, and optimize their revenue.
Bring our products to life! with full ownership and a direct and immediate impact on everything that we ship to our clients. As you can imagine, we are a “backend centric” SaaS operation, which makes it the right place for ambitious Backend developers. You will work very closely with our highly skilled teams to design, build, and iterate on a world-class backend from inception to infinite scale.
You will design, build and own a sub-set of the product composed of several high-availability scalable microservices. We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce and looking for developers with a hunger for a new challenge and drive to solve a ubiquitous problem for companies selling globally. Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
It is a role that will be an excellent fit for someone that wants to have product ownership while being a part of a great team. Our stack is composed of React on the Frontend and microservices built using .Net Core and Node.js running on Azure.
- Design, develop, deploy and own efficient and effective microservices for our products
- Internalize and understand customers’ needs and propose ideas and discuss solutions collaborating with the team on engineering, product & design
- Implement best practices in terms of performance, scalability and security
- Generate impeccable API documentation for the micro-services you are responsible for
- Work on integrating our products with 3rd parties (e.g. payment processing companies, accounting tools, enterprise resources planning software, etc.)
- Test the software you are building
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Enjoy Backend development and ownership
- Got experience in building and then maturing Backend systems
- Highly proficient with Node using Typescript
- Experienced with SQL and/or NoSQL Databases
- Experienced with the full development lifecycle, including understanding customers, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery
- Self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Proficient with spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Got experience with building modern web applications using microservices and its architecture principles
- Experience with big-data processing and high volume queues
- Experience deploying to a major cloud provider (we run on Azure)
- Got SaaS product experience, especially in B2B
- Worked in a dynamic start-up environment
- Familiarity with Docker and CI/CD
- Distributed & flexible work arrangements
- Competitive equity (stock-options)
- Hardware/ home set-up / co-working space
- Fully paid international company off-sites
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…