Principal Software Engineer
Salary range – US$66,000 – US$96,000 per year
Do you know that “Shipping code is just like sending a large payment”. You would love this job when you see how making payments is just like doing a PR.
Like an engineering team is driven by tickets, finance teams are driven by bills and invoices. New code and new payments need to be double-checked for validity.
The insight that payments are a lot like pull requests is a core part of Routable’s DNA to this day — it influences everything we do. It influences not just our product development and design process, but also our hiring process. It’s how we get the best engineers in the world to work on modernizing business payments with us.
We are a fully remote, US-based Fintech startup, with funding of $16 million helping companies to speed up their business payments using a secure invoice and bill payment platform that automates accounts payable and receivable processes. It is designed to involve finance, engineering, operations, support, marketing, and sales teams within the same platform. Routable’s software integrates with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, and NetSuite.
We are all “company owners” and act accordingly. We jump at the opportunity to be accountable and take action whenever we see a problem. Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem-solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn and grow.
We are looking for a principal full-stack engineer who is more backend focused to act as a technical leader within the engineering organization.
You will 🗺️
- Be part of our SWAT team that moves between different engineering teams and sets the tone for the architecture and technical roadmap
- Work directly with the product and engineering teams to help shape our product and culture
- Your work will consist of a balance between technical guidance, architecture design, and implementation to deliver high-quality software solutions
- Mentoring and coaching of members from the different engineering teams
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Got 10+ years of experience designing and building SaaS software products from concept to launch
- Have strong Backend experience with Python and Django
- Got commercial frontend experience with React
- Experienced working with SQL databases
- You are a good communicator that enjoys collaborating collaboration across different teams
- Proficient in delivering high-quality high-performance code
- Experience with implementing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience with financial, accounting or payments systems
- Understanding of payment platforms (ACH, Check, Credit card, etc.)
- Distributed & flexible remote work environment
- Competitive salary
- Work from home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…