Fullstack Developer (Node and React) - Fully Remote
Sr. Fullstack Developer
(Node & React)
A unique opportunity to do good by improving the lives of others while working remotely!
Salary range – US$66,000 – US$96,000 per year + Equity
Joining a company as a remote-worker will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints of limited workplace offerings and local salary limitations while working for a growing international company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
This is a full-time-long-term role where you can work from anywhere!
Kai.ai is an early stage AI-powered personal companion wellness startup on a mission to support millions of people on the journey to a happier and more fulfilled life. Kai works by asking structured questions based on Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT), a form of therapy rooted in the belief that one can attain greater well-being by developing the practice of mindfulness and psychological flexibility. Kai guides each user through scientifically proven protocols to shift their way of thinking and overcome negative reactions to circumstances. At its core, ACT aims to ask people to reflect on their values and beliefs. Once identified, use them as a guide to creating a life rooted in purpose and authenticity while being psychologically present.
We are looking for the first Sr. fullstack/lead engineer to join the team. As the first engineer at Kai, you will be joining the founding engineering team, working closely with the company’s CTO to build and shape the architecture of Kai as well as set the tone for the engineering team members to come. You will take an active part in building our different products: mobile-web app, conversation engine and the conversational IDE that powers Kai.
The role requires both front-end as well as Backend experience but is more Backend heavy as you’ll be making long-term architectural and infrastructure-related decisions. Our stack is composed of s Node.js, React, Typescript and MongoDB
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Love backend development and enjoys traversing the stack so you can own features end-to-end
- Enjoy end-to-end ownership of features – Design to Production
- Got 5+ years’ experience as a backend/fullstack developer, working on large scale web applications (more backend centric)
- Got production experience with at least one strongly-typed language (Java, C#, Golang, Typescript)
- Had your share of writing React SPAs
- Are independent and self-driven person that enjoys challenging yourself by taking ownership of new features and capabilities
- Thrive in an energetic and startup culture
- Ambitious developer with a growth mindset
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience being part of a distributed team
- Have experience being part of an early-stage startup
- Worked on AWS and used some of its services
- Worked with NoSQL databases
- Early-stage equity
- Distributed & flexible work arrangements
- Inclusive work environment
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…