Landed/Salary: $48,000 – $54,000/year
Backend (Ruby) Engineer - Fully Remote
Backend-Fullstack (Ruby) Engineer
Salary range – $48,000 – $54,000 per year + equity
The future of hiring is here. And it’s thrilling. Join us to find and empower talent while solving the biggest problem facing retail today. Landed is a fully-funded Silicon-Valley startup that was founded 3 years ago.
We are the leading platform for Retail & Food businesses to hire candidates using video CVs — Candidates record short videos of themselves answering recommended interview questions. We help restaurants and stores hire team members up to management roles using Instagram-story like video clips.
We are looking for an innovative thinker Backend-Fullstack (Ruby) Engineer that will help the team by being focused on solving the existing needs we have on this part of the stack.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Landed as part of the founding engineering team. You will become the primary engineer across all of our user-facing and backend software. This is an excellent opportunity to take full ownership of our platform, gain experience across the stack, and play a pivotal role in Landed’s startup journey. You will work directly with the CEO to design and build new features, help roll out new products, and increase customer yield and retention. You will also support engineering operations, maintenance, and a number of projects across our backend.
You Will ✨
- Focus on the Backend but also traverse the stack into our Frontend mobile app (React Native)
- Design and build systems according to the needs of our business.
- Maintain, operate, scale, and improve the current product and processes
- Build a system that delights its users
- Maintain high engineering and security standards and continuously improve our codebases and processes
- Fix any bugs or issues that arise
- Work with others across the company to develop and iterate at scale
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 4+ years of experience as a Backend or Fullstack Engineer
- Are highly proficient with Ruby on Rails
- Have experience working Docker and AWS or GCP
- Got strong experience working with relational databases, mainly PostgreSQL, and ORM libraries like ActiveRecord
- Enjoy significant ownership and working independently
- Like to ship code and test user-facing changes
- Can learn quickly in a new environment and has a can-do attitude
- Got experience working in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Got experience in the FinTech space
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Used to own a 24/7 SaaS product
- A fully remote company 🌎
- Unlimited paid time off + bank holidays 🗓️
- Flexible schedule ⏰
- Generous equity package 💰
- Inclusive work environment 🌱
- Fast upward career growth 🎯
- Team off sites and fun activities 🌴
Read about our hiring process here and take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
If you are unsure about applying and want to chat with a real human-being🌞 ping us at email@example.com.