Lumos Identity/Salary: $66,000 – $120,000/year + Equity
Fullstack Founding Engineer - Fully Remote
Sr. Fullstack Engineer
Salary Range – $66,000-$120,000 per year + Equity
The role is a full-time-long-term one, where you can work from anywhere!
This is a unique opportunity for a Sr. Fullstack engineer who enjoys traversing the stack to join the founding engineering team of a fully-distributed, fully-funded startup ($5.3M seed round) backed by Andreessen Horowitz, one of the world’s largest VCs!
How many online services have you ever signed up for? Hundreds, right? The Internet is overwhelming with countless number of apps. We call it the APPocalypse! The Lumos mission is to help organizations rise above the noise by removing complexity on the Internet. Lumos is a company’s identity OS that gives organizations the power to unite all their apps and identities in one place and manage them with one click. Come and join us as we redesign the future of identity online!
On our path to redesign the future of identity on the Internet, we have deployed Lumos’ first product, a web-based SaaS application, in record time to multiple major tech companies. Now, we are ready for the second iteration of the product.
As a Founding Fullstack Engineer, you’ll own large parts of the architecture and critical features of the product. Lumos is a security and/or identity company that puts innovation first. You’ll work on features that customers have never seen before and are eagerly waiting for!
Beyond your technical work, you’ll gain massive leadership responsibilities early-on as we close more customers and rapidly grow the team. You’ll be involved in scaling the product, the team, and the entire company. 🚀
You will ✨
- Own end-to-end features and drive development decisions to create a mind-blowing, easy-to-use, and scalable web identity platform
- Develop and build out our core technology across the stack, from our ML-based email classification algorithm to our deployment infrastructure and highly secure database architecture. We use React, Typescript for the frontend, Python, GraphQL, Flask for the backend, and run on top of AWS
- Build a scalable platform for integrations between the Lumos platform and third-party solutions (e.g. Workday, Okta, ServiceNow …) to help customers use their current data sources and processes to enhance the benefits of using Lumos
- Collaborate with the team on user stories, interaction states and continuous product discovery to prototype and test the solution space for the Lumos platform
- Work closely with product and Lumos users to support our initial customers and deliver a fantastic product experience
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Enjoy having lots of ownership and making non-engineering decisions that impact the Product
- You are a “Fullstack” type of developer that enjoys traversing the stack being either “Frontend Heavy” (React) or “Backend Heavy” (Python)
- Used both React and Python commercially and consider yourself highly proficient in at least one of them
- Are a team-player that enjoys supporting your peers and helping them achieve their goals
- Gained lots of experience building software vs maintaining software
- Have internal self-motivation and enjoys initiating
- Got good spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Built corporate-grade scalable SaaS services
- Have commercial AWS experience
- Got experience with Flask
- Join a diverse team that enjoys working together ✨
- Early-stage Equity (stock-options) 📈
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements ✔️
- A flexible vacation policy ⛱️
- Hardware if you need it 💻
- Solve Problems With Simplicity – We spend a lot of time listening to people and believe in solving one problem really well with simplicity in mind
- Be Entrepreneurial – Challenges excite us as we believe in audacious goals. We take ownership so that people know they can count on us
- Embrace Transparency – We are public by default, love giving positive and constructive feedback and value clear, honest and open communication
- Care for each other – We are public by default, love giving positive and constructive feedback and value clear, honest and open communication
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…