Oyster/Salary: $90,000 – $130,000/year + Equity
Lead Engineer (Ruby) - Fully Remote
Lead Engineer (Ruby)
Fully Remote — work from anywhere in the world!
Salary: $90,000 to $130,000 / year + Equity 💰
Love Ruby? Want to be part of a startup that makes a social and economic impact? This one is for you!!
This is a unique opportunity for a Lead Engineer who is highly proficient with Ruby to join a successful growing fully remote startup, backed by great venture-capital investors and be part of a fully distributed team. You’ll be working from anywhere in the world and earn up from $90,000 to $130,000 a year + equity based on experience and fit.
Oyster is a global HR platform on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere. Backed by the same VCs that invested in amazing companies like Zoom, Salesforce, Crunchbase. In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started.
As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do. We’re an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
You will ✨
- Be the tech lead on one of our product teams, working on hiring automation
- Own the technical delivery of significant projects
- Provide input to requirements and specification
- Lead discussions on domain model design and implementation planning.
- Shape how developers on the project work together to implement robust, maintainable code
- Be a key player in building Oyster’s product
- Write code, tests, and debugging issues
- Take the lead on applying high standards of code quality and development best practices.
- Research new tools and practices, taking initiative on technical improvements, refactorings, and moving best practices forward through pairing, discussions in the team.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Have Technical management and leadership experience
- Got experience working with Ruby
- Have a good understanding of web standards and development best practices
- Can articulately and discuss requirements and technical plans
- Enjoy writing robust, comprehensible code
- Got a very good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Worked in the past with payment services like – Paypal, Stripe, Transferwise, etc…
- Have experience in handling web security
- Early Stage Equity 💰
- A fully remote position with flexible hours 🌎
- $3,000 for all the tech you need & an awesome home office setup 💻
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment 🎯
- 25-30 days of holidays (plus public holidays)
- Inclusive Work Environment 🪐
- B2B Contract or Full-time employment 😎
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…