Oyster/Salary: $60,000 – $100,000/year + Equity
Ruby on Rails Developers - Fully Remote
Ruby On Rails Developers
Fully Remote — work from anywhere in the world!
Salary: $60,000 to $100,000 / year + Equity 💰
Are you a Ruby on Rails developer who’d like to join a fast-growing team that focuses on high transparency and autonomy?
If you’re a Ruby on Rails developer looking for a fully remote opportunity at a startup making a social and economic impact, this is for you. You can work from anywhere in the world while earning $60,000 to $100,000USD a year + equity, based on experience and fit.
Oyster is a global HR platform for remote teams. Backed by the same VCs that invested in big companies like Zoom, Salesforce, Crunchbase; Oyster has raised over 24M since starting in 2020.
They are a fully remote company that genuinely cares about employee work/life balance and highly value transparency and autonomy, pushing for their employees to make decisions on the problems they’re closest to and keep things transparent within the company.
We have several open positions both for mid-level and senior engineers, so this is a unique opportunity for you to join a successful growing startup regardless of your years of experience.
- Be a key player in building Oyster’s product and tech stack as they are just getting started
- Build a platform that enables cross border-employment of remote teams around the world
- Contribute from your experience to the architecture of the product
- Own and implement important portions of the product, as Oyster rapidly expands their product offering
- Work alongside other engineers to develop implementation plans and exchange knowledge
- Have the opportunity to expand your knowledge to FE and Cloud
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Got experience building RoR systems that are beyond simple scripting
- Are experienced in working with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Have a good understanding of web standards and development best practices, such as TDD
- Can articulately discuss requirements and technical plans
- Enjoy writing robust, comprehensible code
- Enjoy collaborating with your remote peers
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Worked in the past with payment services like – Paypal, Stripe, Transferwise, etc…
- Have commercial experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Have experience in handling web security
- Early Stage Equity 💰
- A fully remote position with flexible hours 🌎
- $3,000 for all the tech you need & an awesome home office setup 💻
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment 🎯
- 25-30 days of holidays (plus public holidays). If your country has more, whatever the legal minimum is.
- Inclusive Work Environment 🪐
- B2B Contract or Full-time employment 😎
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…