Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer - Fully Remote
Sr. Ruby On Rails Developer
Salary Range – $60K– $100K/year + equity
Love Ruby on Rails and backend development? Want to be part of a startup that aims to make a social and economic impact? This one is for you!!
This is a unique opportunity for a Sr. backend developer who is highly proficient with Ruby and Rails to join a successful growing fully-remote startup backed by great venture-capital investors and be part of a fully distributed team. You’ll be working from home (or anywhere else), earning $60K to $100K/year + equity based on experience and fit.
Oyster’s mission: “unlock global talent by making cross border hiring easy”. We want to spread great employment rights and benefits and help make them the norm for remote workers across the world.
We are a 100% distributed startup building out our product offering in 2021. We are fully funded and putting together a great team. Join us!
- Build the infrastructure that enables cross border-employment of remote-teams throughout the world
- Be on the ground floor building our technology stack and product
- Be nurturing a positive team culture that fosters a great working environment
- Contribute from your experience to the architecture of the product
- Own and implement significant portions of the product, as we rapidly expand our product offering
- Be pairing with other engineers regularly to jointly develop implementation plans and share knowledge
- Have the opportunity to expand your knowledge to FE and Cloud
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Are highly proficient with backend development in general and Ruby and Rails in particular
- Got experience building RoR systems that are beyond simple scripting
- Are experienced in working with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Have a good understanding of web standards and development best practices, such as TDD
- Can articulately discuss requirements and technical plans
- Enjoy writing robust, comprehensible code
- Enjoy collaborating with your remote peers
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Worked in the past with payment services like – Paypal, Stripe, Transferwise, etc…
- Have commercial experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Have experience in handling web security
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements
- Early Stage Equity
- Inclusive Work Environment
- B2B Contract or Full-time employment