Distributed Databases Developer (Golang) - Fully Remote
Distributed Databases Developer (Golang)
Want to bring Open Source databases to Kubernetes? Discover what it means to work from anywhere 🌎 with some of the smartest people in the industry!
Percona is all about 100% Open Source software, we are a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class, managed services (think RDS), training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open-source databases in on-premises and cloud environments.
We are remote-first company with more than 300 people dispersed in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly engaged culture where your ideas are welcome, and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences, and more.
We are looking for a full-time remote Distributed Databases Developer (Golang) to join our team and help to bring Open Source databases to Kubernetes. Ideally, we would love to find a Golang Developer who has in-depth knowledge of both distributed databases and Kubernetes. Still, we will consider an experienced Developer who has good knowledge in either of these areas.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will significantly impact the Kubernetes ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team on a 100% open source project!
This position is on backend development, and you should find these keywords very familiar: Kubernetes, infrastructure orchestration, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, database clustering, high database availability, containers.
You will ✨
- Be a key contributor in building and implementing the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases
- Architect technical design of new features and improvements
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to help in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operator to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participate in technical article writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 5+ years of commercial experience in software development
- Have 2+ years of commercial experience with Golang
- Got in-depth knowledge of distributed databases
- Have in-depth knowledge of Kubernetes
- Know how to build distributed clusters for (at least one) PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
- Care about high-quality and bullet-proof deliverables (via automation)
- Got commercial cloud experience/Openshift
- Are a test-driven and test automation first advocate
- Are a team player first
- Have the ability to thrive in a remote environment
- Are self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Are an open-source contributor of any database operator
- Are an experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, or a known community person
- Flexible hours and a fully remote position 🌎
- 20 days paid/year + 10 paid holidays 🌴
- Equity (stock options) 💰
- Hardware reimbursement 💺
- Monthly internet cost 💻
- Educational Credit – training/conferences 📚
- Paid Parental Leave 💕
- Global employee assistance program 🎯
- 1-2 team meetings a year 🗓️
- One Friday/month — no meeting — get in the flow 🌱
- One Friday/month – all company closure 🎟️
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…