Fullstack Lead Engineer - Fully Remote
Fullstack Lead Engineer
Salary Range – €60,000-€70,000 per year + Equity
The recent world-wide COVID events taught us that you don’t need to be at the office to be productive. Polar Analytics Co-Founders David and Charbel, know that great developers can come from anywhere and can work from anywhere. Polar Analytics is one of those companies that from day-one is being structured as a fully-distributed company. Joining a remote-company will enable you to disconnect from your local constraints of limited workplace offerings and local salary while working for a growing international company. This is a career-move in which you can become a great global developer and not just a great local one.
The role is a full-time-long-term one, where you can work from anywhere!
This is a unique opportunity for a Fullstack lead engineer who enjoys traversing the stack to join a fully-distributed, fully-funded startup as employee #1 and to design and build the software of Polar Analytics (we are throwing away our MVP). All of this while working from home (or anywhere else), earning €60K to €70K/year + meaningful equity based on experience and fit.
Polar Analytic is all about empowering online consumer brands worldwide to grow faster and more profitably. We believe that indie brands are the future of commerce, and we want to help them take over traditional retailers. It starts with Data. Marketing & eCommerce teams currently spend more time pulling reports than generating insights. We are building the first full-stack solution where e-commerce merchants can connect all their marketing data, analyze them and get actionable insights. We are a data-centric company, where data is not a side-product but rather our core value. We founded the company at the beginning of 2020, and already serve 50+ D2C brands around the world. Our clients are creating the future of e-commerce by building beautiful brands, putting customers at heart, and providing more local and environmentally friendly products, which inspires us every day.
Join Polar Analytics as part of the founding engineering team. You will work directly with the founders to design and build the system while gradually growing the team.
- Take part in the conception of our web app architecture
- Decide on the technical stack to be used (Python will be used on some of the backend microservices for data ingestion and analysis)
- Build the frontend and backend of our core SaaS functionalities
- Design & develop software components for data extraction, processing and loading
- Develop & improve our main features (integrations, visualizations, automated alerts)
- Work closely with Product Management to gather and translate requirements into technical solutions
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- You have experience and deep knowledge in building web app architectures from scratch
- You are a “Backend-Fullstack” type of developer – You have experience building Frontends but your passion and most of your experience are at the Backend
- You are comfortable with developing efficient and clean REST API routes as well as data visualizations that will consume them
- You are familiar with building data ingestion infrastructures at scale
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment. You are okay with writing code that doesn’t scale to in-order to meet growth needs
- Are accustomed to having significant ownership of a user-facing product
- Got major cloud provider experience, especially in compute/storage/data processing services
- Can work independently
- Got good spoken and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Have commercial AWS experience
- Got experience with Python
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements
- Inclusive Work Environment
- Meaningful equity package (we bring the Silicon Valley mindset and want you to share the success of the company)
- Remote-first organization with culture around impact rather than time spent
- Ownership & Autonomy to build something from the ground-up
- Freedom – The best people want and deserve ownership & autonomy
- Humility – Simple is beautiful
- Down-to-earth – Data matters. What is measured is improved
- Ambition – Life is short, let’s run fast
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…