Renmoney/Salary: $48,000 – $66,000/year
Data Science Manager - Fully Remote
Mid-Career Data Science Manager
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere! 🌎
💲 Salary Range – $48K – $66K/year
Want to make financial inclusion count? Set your place in a remote Fintech while working from anywhere!
Renmoney is a passionate team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Africa by making finance simple and useful. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding services experiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person excited about technology, and looking for a place to learn and grow. So if you have experience collecting and analyzing lots of data, while understanding the business needs and are ready to work in a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you!
We are currently seeking to expand our fast-growing data team and looking for a Data Science Manager to join us. The successful candidate will help us build and improve upon our customer decision strategy and journey.
You will ✨
- Transform business cases to data science tasks
- Identify Data Science opportunities based on data availability
- Support and lead the team regarding technical innovation – algorithms, tools, etc.
- Manage a team of junior and mid-level Data Scientists assuring the quality and relevance of their output
- Do hands-on statistical programming
- Deliver complex analytical output to a non-expert audience with stress on insights and action items
- Share knowledge with the team
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience in data/backend engineering in production environments
- Have experience with R, Python, or similar
- Got a university degree or equivalent standard with a high numeric content such as statistics, econometrics, mathematics, finance, etc.
- Have 1+ years of experience as a lead engineer/managing people/projects
- Are an independent person that can work and deliver projects with minimal guidance
- Enjoy adding structure and developing approaches to ambiguous problems
- Are a self-starter, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Are numbers-savvy and very detail-oriented but still enjoy the day-to-day human interactions
- Got an excellent conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience with hands-on credit risk scorecards development
- Domain knowledge in the Credit Risk working for a banking or non-banking financial institution
- Got experience working and managing people under agile
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- A fully remote position 🌎
- Distributed & Flexible Work Arrangements 🗓️
- Competitive compensation 💰
- Inclusive Work Environment with a flat structure 🦄
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us.