Sr. Backend Software Engineer (Python)
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere! 🌎
Salary Range – $66,000 – $96,000/year + Equity 💰
We are a fully remote, US-based Fintech startup, with funding of $50 million helping companies to speed up their business payments using a secure invoice and bill payment platform that automates accounts payable and receivable processes. It is designed to involve finance, engineering, operations, support, marketing, and sales teams within the same platform. Routable’s software integrates with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, and NetSuite.
We are all “company owners” and act accordingly. We jump at the opportunity to be accountable and take action whenever we see a problem. Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem-solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn and grow.
We are looking for a Sr. Backend Software Engineer who is proficient in Python, who understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting-edge SaaS web-based technologies.
We offer a fun, dynamic, and results-driven environment. If scale and complexity in a high-growth startup excite you, Routable’s is the right place to be.
You will ✨
- Move between our different engineering teams and set the tone for the architecture and technical roadmap
- Work directly with the product and engineering teams to help shape our product and culture
- Your work will consist of a balance between technical guidance, architecture design, and implementation to deliver high-quality software solutions
- Mentoring and coaching of members from the different engineering teams
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Got 3+ years of experience designing and building SaaS software products from concept to launch
- Have strong Backend experience with Python and Django
- Got commercial frontend experience with React
- Experienced working with SQL databases
- You are a good communicator that enjoys collaborating collaboration across different teams
- Proficient in delivering high-quality high-performance code
- Experience with implementing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Had a chance to build a financial, accounting or payment system
- Got understanding of payment platforms (ACH, Check, Credit card, etc.)
- Bi-annual company rendezvous in some pretty awesome cities 😎
- Unlimited vacation policy 🏝️
- A fully remote company 🌎
- Distributed & flexible remote work environment 🗓️
- Work from home stipends 💻
- Competitive salary 💰
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…