Senior Full Stack Engineer (Python)
Salary range – US$66,000 – US$96,000 per year
Do you know that “Shipping code is just like sending a large payment”. You would love this job when you see how making payments is just like doing a PR.
Like an engineering team is driven by tickets, finance teams are driven by bills and invoices. New code and new payments need to be double-checked for validity.
The insight that payments are a lot like pull requests is a core part of Routable’s DNA to this day — it influences everything we do. It influences not just our product development and design process, but also our hiring process. It’s how we get the best engineers in the world to work on modernizing business payments with us.
We are a fully remote, US-based Fintech startup, with funding of $16 million helping companies to speed up their business payments using a secure invoice and bill payment platform that automates accounts payable and receivable processes. It is designed to involve finance, engineering, operations, support, marketing, and sales teams within the same platform. Routable’s software integrates with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks and NetSuite.
We are all “company owners” and act accordingly. We jump at the opportunity to be accountable and take action whenever we see a problem. Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem-solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn and grow.
We are looking for backend-centric Full-Stack Software Engineers who are highly proficient with Python, passionate about their craft and about using cutting-edge SaaS web-based technologies in an environment that encourages collaboration and ownership. People who would complement our existing team of world-class developers!
We offer a fun, dynamic, and results-driven environment. If scale and complexity in a high-growth startup excite you, Routable’s is the right place to be.
You will 🗺️
- Work directly with the product, design, and engineering teams to help shape our product and culture
- Focus on delivering high-quality software solutions in a rapidly evolving B2B payments environment.
- Join a multi-functional distributed team that owns our products from top to bottom
- Be part of the product discovery and product delivery cycles that build our system
- Create software across the different layers of the platform (BE to FE) while being more backend-centric
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Got 5+ years of experience in a Backend/Fullstack role – Python and Django
- Have front-end knowledge/ ability to contribute to the FE codebase (React based)
- You are comfortable designing and implementing integrations with third-party APIs
- Enjoy delivering high-quality, high-performance code and think about testing while building a product – Experience writing automated unit tests
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Experience working with databases
- Have experience with financial, accounting or payments systems
- Understanding of payment platforms (ACH, Check, Credit card, etc.)
- Distributed & flexible remote work environment
- Competitive salary
- Work from home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…