Senior Android Developer -Fully Remote
Senior Android (Kotlin) Developer
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere in the Americas! 🌎
💲 Salary Range – Worldwide: $138,000 – $156,000 | US: $173,000 – $196,000
Want to be part of a team making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable? Join us and work from anywhere!
In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. Sendwave’s mission is to make sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from African nations – and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to send money back home.
In just a few short years, Sendwave has gone from a simple idea to becoming one of the world’s leading money senders to Africa. Created by two engineers from Brown University, Sendwave is supported by an outstanding team of fully remote developers. Sendwave was acquired last year and continues to operate independently.
Now we are willing to rapidly expand globally. That’s where you come in. To achieve our mission, we need to make sure our app is easy to use for every interaction, from signup to sending, to editing info and to resetting your password.
We are looking for Android Developers that are highly proficient with Swift and will work closely with our Head of Product to fix highly impactful user problems and A/B test interface changes to make the experience even smoother and quicker. Join our distributed team while working from anywhere!
- Continue building our Android App, adding new features to it using Swift
- Advise other engineers on Android development questions and challenges
- Assist with prioritizing efforts to refactor the existing code to use modern best-practices
- Work with other teams within Sendwave to solve business problems
- Streamline in-app signup and verification flows
- Set up A/B tests to measure the impact of your work
- Help us build a top-tier referral program to help users share their love of Sendwave with their friends
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 5+ years of experience as a Mobile (Android) Engineer
- Are highly proficient with Android and Kotlin
- Experienced with using Coroutines
- Care about users and want to make their experience easier and better
- Are a “get it done” type of person
- Aren’t afraid to throw away code you wrote
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Worked with LiveData/Flows and/or Jetpack Compose
- Have experience working as part of a fully distributed team
- Have worked in an organization that scaled rapidly
- Possess hands-on experience with Python or Android
- A fully remote position 🌎
- Highly competitive salary 💲
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance 🧘🏽
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement 🌴
- Work from home stipends 💻
- Fitness Wellbeing stipends 😎
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…