DevOps (AWS) - Fully Remote
DevOps Engineer – Fully Remote
Salary Range – US$60,000-US$78,000 per year
How many jobs out there offer the opportunity to improve the quality of life of others? Join Syqe Medical and take part in building a full-stack software/IoT system that helps patients from all over the world to re-establish their quality of life — make an impact!
This is a unique opportunity for a DevOps Engineer that is highly proficient with AWS and wants to combine full DevOps ownership with growing his backend software development skills.
Syqe was established 8 years ago and has raised $83M ever since. Syqe operates in the personalized medical solutions market, making treatment more effective. Syqe’s founder and CEO Perry Davidson understood that accurate dosage is key to cannabis intake and as such built the world’s first metered-dose cannabis smart inhaler. The pocket-sized inhaler is the most advanced and versatile inhalation based drug delivery platform of its kind providing maximum symptom relief in minutes while minimizing side effects. Syqe has been ranked in Fast Company’s top 10 Biotech companies for 2020.
What will you be doing
As our Agile-minded DevOps Engineer, you will lead and drive the delivery of continuous pipeline and develop and support our AWS cloud environment. And in more detail…
- Be our AWS platform expert Driving and participating in design discussions
- Design, build, update and maintain our cloud environment and development/deployment processes as we scale our product
- Contribute with CloudFormation, Terraform, or potentially other automation and scripting languages
- Drive new solutions and help drive the architectural direction of the platform Infrastructure
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues
- Work with the development team to build a development environment that engineers love 🙂
- Ensure automation and identify ways for improvement
- Grow your backend development skills by joining the development team and owning features (how will you know otherwise if your work as DevOps is great?)
- Work independently and as part of a team
The software system that you’ll be working on is not just another website/web-service. It gathers data from the inhalers, analyzing the data (Machine Learning), provides personalized insights and access to the data to various stakeholders (patients, doctors, nurses, technicians, etc).
You are a DevOps person that enjoys software development or a Backend software developer with good AWS and DevOps hands-on experience. You are a technical person by nature with very good AWS know-how. You are a great communicator that knows how to build an environment enabling trust-building. You need to have an internal driven quality-first approach that translates to the delivery of high-quality products. You easily build and maintain productive working relationships with other (remote) team-mates.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have 3+ years of commercial DevOps experience
- Highly familiar with AWS with 2+ years of hands-on AWS experience
- Are opinionated about cloud architecture and development processes
- Enjoy combining DevOps with software development
- Got a good level of written and spoken English
- Got 4+ years as a full-time developer/DevOps
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Got AWS certification(s)
- Have experience as a remote-worker
- Got Node.js experience in general and as a commercial developer in particular
- Got experience with MongoDB and DynamoDB
Read about our hiring process here and take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
If you are unsure about applying and want to chat with a real human-being🌞 ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org.