Upsidefinancing/$48,000 – $84,000/year
Elixir Developer -Fully Remote
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere! 🌎
💲 Salary Range – US$48K – US$84K/year
Want to build a product almost from scratch? A fully backed early stage startup with highly experienced founders is looking for you! Join us and work from anywhere!
Upside Financing is a US-based startup that just raised a large seed round. We enable CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) businesses to take advantage of Buy Now-Pay Later options to build up their Inventory and meet their purchase orders. We enable brands and manufacturers to grow at the speed of their potential, and not at the pace of traditional banking relationships or by resorting to dilutive equity raises.
Within 12 weeks, we lined up the capital, and built a pipeline of over 10,000 customers. We are building an incredibly experienced and talented team with a culture that prioritizes ownership and getting things done.
We are now looking for an Elixir Developer, who will help build out the technology platform and grow with us.
- Help build out the technology platform that will power all of the financial and accounting capabilities
- Develop new features for and maintain the backend of the Upside Elixir platform along with the rest of our talented team
- Create reliable integrations with third-party platforms and data providers to power the Upside user experience
- Automate manual processes with software as we scale
- Develop secure, performant accounting and financial systems for our customers in order to help them grow their business faster and more efficiently than before
- Rigorously test and review your own code as well as your team members’ to hold our development team to a high standard of quality
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
- Have extensive experience with backend development practices
- Have commercial experience with Elixir and familiarity with Phoenix, LiveView and Ecto
- Have an interest in following up with improvements in the Elixir community
- Have strong problem identification and solving skills
- Comfortable modeling database schemas and working with SQL
- Advocate great development practices
- Are a self-driven person who enjoy taking ownership
- Are an excellent communicator and a team player
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have backend development history with functional programming using Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, etc.
- Worked as part of a fully distributed team
- Have early-stage startup experience
- A fully remote position anywhere 🌎
- Competitive salary 💲
- Working Hours: You design your workday. Work whenever you want, from wherever you want 🗓️
- Meditation: We cover any app or class you use to improve your meditation consistency 🧘🏽
- Vacation & Holidays: We offer three weeks of paid vacation each calendar year. We have a strict policy that you take a minimum of two weeks of vacation per year. We also observe 12 paid holidays each year 🌴
- Fitness: You get a monthly budget to invest in a gym membership, personal trainer, yoga classes, and anything else that helps you increase your physical fitness 😎
- Books: We’ll support your reading habits by covering three books a month and Continued Learning: We cover anything that increases your work skills 📚
- Incredible team retreats + all work sprints throughout the year 🎯
Click on the button below to take our 10min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…