VEED.IO/Salary: $70,000 - $100,000/year
Senior C++ Engineer - Fully Remote
Senior C++ Engineer
Fully Remote ↔️ Work from anywhere! 🌎
💲Salary Range – $70,000 – $100,000/year
Join a fully remote startup that bootstrapped itself from $0 to $4.6M ARR in 19mo!!
We are VEED.IO, a fully-fledged collaborative video editing platform used by many creators, coaches, businesses, and influencers worldwide to tell stories, create content, grow audiences, and more! We are a fast-growing bootstrapped company founded by Sabba Keynejad & Timur Mamedov, grown from $0 to $4.6M within 19mo and that’s just the beginning!
Our product enables freedom of creativity, so we do the same with our team! You will have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work.
If you’re a Sr. C++ Developer who enjoys traversing the stack (Frontend, Backend, servers, etc) this one is for you!
You will ✨
Be building a video editor that our users love, of course!
Our stack comprises 3 key parts: Frontend written in React, a Node/Express API, and a Rendering Engine written in C/C++. You’ll be working on most of these parts, including work with servers/infrastructure. As an early-stage startup, we are not overbuilt and have many greenfield spaces to explore and do research.
We are always open to new ideas as well! Is graphQL something we want to consider? Or maybe something needs automating? Kubernetes? A new pattern we should adopt? Tell us more! We love people who are curious and take initiative.
You’d be a great fit if you ❤️
We are looking for someone who gets thrilled by the idea of solving deep technical problems, takes pride in their own work, and likes to get creative to build innovative things. We really believe that the best candidates rarely think of themselves as just engineers, but view themselves as makers. This means not being afraid of working on something you have never done before, having a broad set of skills you are always looking to expand your knowledge, and thrive in an environment where there is lots of freedom.
We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning. However here are a few things that we are looking for;
- Powerful knowledge of C++ with 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience working in a full-stack capacity (frontend, backend, servers, etc) as you’ll be expected to contribute across the stack
- Have a startup-mentality, be a problem solver
- We don’t care about university degrees, but ideally, we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in areas you have worked in and interested in
- Enjoy working at a fast pace environment
- Have good communication skills and be a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck
- We care about how we write our code. So we are looking for someone comfortable going through code reviews, knows how to test their code, and make it more performant
- Be able to contribute to the culture of engineering excellence by writing better documentation, teaching more junior teammates, or improving processes around engineering in general
- Got good conversational and written English
Bonus points if you 🏆
- Have experience working in a distributed team(s) environment
- Experience working with video
- Commercial experience as a full stack developer
- A fully remote and flexible position 🌎
- Generous and flexible paid time off policy 🗓️
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment 🎯
- Inclusive Work Environment 🪐
- B2B Contract 😎
Click on the button below to take our 12min quiz to see if you can join the team 🚀
Read about our hiring process here. Still unsure about the fit and applying? Chat with us…